The Lonsdale Room is a medium-sized meeting room which is ideal for meetings, training sessions, team-building and smaller conferences. The room is located on the second floor and benefits from a quieter location separated from most other training rooms by a set of double doors.
Lonsdale Square was built between 1838 and 1845 by Richard Cromwell Carpenter, surveyor to the Drapers’ Company Estate. In 1690, the Drapers’ Company had inherited the land, known as ‘Gosseyfield’ and used to pen cattle on route to Smithfield Market. In the early 1800s, during the building boom to satisfy London’s growing population, the Company developed the land as Lonsdale Square. Unlike most of Islington’s squares, the garden remained private until the 1960s, when they were offered to Islington Council. The railings, removed in World War Two, were replaced in the early 1970s.